If you want to use Jackrabbit's Trial Enrollments, you can also offer a class as on a trial basis "online" for NEW customers using the Online Registration Form.
To allow a new customer to be able to select and enroll in a class as a Trial, set "Allow Trial Enrollment" to YES at the bottom of the Class Summary page (Online Registration must also be set to Yes) in the Class record. Trials are not available in the Parent Portal; they are only available to new customers using the Online Registration form.
Helpful Hint - use Classes (menu) > Edit All Classes to select a group to edit and then use the Global update section to mass edit multiple classes at once.
You should explain on your website your organization's "rules" regarding free Trial classes for customers (as each organization has different rules regarding free trial classes).
If the class is set to "Allow Trial Enrollment"= Yes, then if the new customer selects this class, the below verbiage will appear under the Class in the Registration Form. The customer may select Yes or No from the drop-down. It defaults to No.
If the customer selects YES and submits the Online Registration form, the following occurs for the trial class:
- Class tuition is NOT posted for this class, even if you have auto-posting set to Yes. Trials can not have tuition auto-posted.
- The customer's confirmation email, and your organization's notification email, will include "Trial" beside the class name.
- The Enroll Type will be set as "Trial" for this student for this class in your database in all the locations that show the enroll Type.
- The archived Online Registration will show this class was selected as a Trial.
- The system does NOT set a future drop date. This means the student enroll type of "Trial" will remain "Trial" until your staff either drops the student from the class OR changes their enroll type to "Trial-Enrolled".