|Permissions control the ability of your Users to see certain data and take specific actions. Before moving forward review User Permissions for All Families.|
All Families, located in the Families menu, generates a list of all active and inactive family records in Jackrabbit. Lead File families are not included.
- Optional data visuals offer key information at a glance with interactive charts.
- Drill down to specific families using filters organized in a slide out filter drawer.
- Save your favorite view (filters, selected columns, etc.) as your default view.
- List of families display in a powerful grid: you can group, sort, and customize the information.
- Take Action - add a new family, send a message, work with a single family, or apply a mass action to multiple families at once.
Sample All Families Grid
1 - Breadcrumbs display the currently selected filters.
2 - Data Visuals provide family information at a glance.
3 - Open filters (filter drawer), Save as favorite, Favorites, Hide/Show Data visuals.
4 - Adjust columns, Send a Message, Refresh Grid, Add New Family, and More.
5 - Column Search - enter a search term in the search field.
6 - Row Menu - use the row menu to perform an action for an individual family.
Click the Adjust columnsicon to squeeze the grid columns closer together. You will be able to see all the columns in the grid.
Expand each section below for more information on the All Families grid.
Data Visuals - Key Information at a Glance
Data visuals (charts) provide a quick view of key information about your families. The elements included in the data visuals are predefined by Jackrabbit.
The All Families data visuals are interactive and can be hidden. Use the Hide/Show Data visualsicon to toggle back and forth.
If you have multiple Locations in your database, this element will display the proportion of families in each Location.
The number of active vs inactive families is shown in this data visual.
The number of families with unpaid fees (Accounts Receivable) will display as a fraction of all families, e.g. 11/31. The chart breaks those families down by the age of the fees owed.
The chart breaks down all families by the status of their signed legal policy agreements:
- Have agreed to all current policies
Families are grouped by the ePayment method on file:
- Has both CC and ACH
Use Filters to Search for Specific Families
Select the Filter icon to open the Filter Drawer. The Filter Drawer houses various criteria to help you drill down to specific families, for example, to list all inactive families or find families with more than two students.
Each filter you select will narrow the results down further.
- Once filters are selected and applied, they will appear in the breadcrumbs. Use the red x next to a filter in the breadcrumbs to clear it and refresh the displayed families.
- Filters are grouped and organized into sections for ease of use and pull information from the various tabs in the Family record.
- Use the arrow (>) to expand a section to see the filters within, or use the Expand All/Collapse All option at the top of the Filter Drawer.
- Search for a filter by entering a keyword in the search box at the top of the Filter Drawer. For example, enter "ePay" to quickly locate and navigate to the ePayment Method filter in the Financial Details section.
Save your Favorite Filtered Grid Views
Save time and effort each time you open a grid page to view your data! After you have applied filters or clicked on a data visual, set the grid column widths, you can save the filtered data as a Favorite.
Saved favorites can be set as a default view, and shared with other Jackrabbit Users in your organization. There is no limit to the number of filtered grid views you can save.
Save a Favorite
Once filters are selected, it's simple to save your favorite views:
|Open a Favorite|
Load or open a saved favorite:
|Delete a Favorite|
If you created a Favorite, you will be able to delete it:
Contact Jackrabbit Support if you want to delete a Favorite filtered view created by another User.
Work with the Information in the Grid (Table)
Jackrabbit grids, located throughout the system, are very powerful and allow you to group and sort your data to customize the way your results are displayed. Each grid has core features such as grouping data by dragging a column to the grouping bar. Row menus and column menus offer different options depending on the grid.
Use Column Search to quickly find information in a column. For example, enter a family last name or part of a name, and all the matches will populate in the grid. Use the red x to clear the information in the search field.
Add a New Family
Use theicon to add a new family. Although you can add a family 'on the fly' with just their name, location, and registration date, we recommend using the Quick Registration Form which allows you to add all information, including students, at the same time.
To accommodate different workflows, the Quick Registration form can also be accessed directly from the Families (menu).
Take Action for an Individual Family
Use the rowmenu to edit that row and access options for working with an individual family. Click on the icon and a new browser tab or pop-up window will open depending on the action you select.
Click directly on the row menu for the family you want to work with; do not use the check box in the 1st column. When any check boxes (for use with mass actions) are selected in the 1st column, the row menus are deactivated and won't display.
- View/Edit - opens the Family record
- Post Fees - opens the Make Sale/Post Fees page
- Accept Payment/Post Credit - opens the Payment Transaction Entry page
- Add a Note - opens the Add a note window
Take Action for Multiple Families (Mass Actions)
Choose one of these options to select families and to perform a mass action:
- Select all families - leave the check box in the 1st column unchecked and all families in the grid are selected. You will be able to Send a Message, Refresh the Grid, Add a New Family, and perform all the mass actions in the drop-down list including Print and Export to Excel.
- Select specific families - in the 1st column, select the check boxes for the families you want to work with. You will be able to Send a Message and perform all the mass actions in the drop-down list shown.
- Current families displayed on the page (max. 250/page) - select the check box in the 1st column header. You will be able to Send a Message and perform all the mass actions in the drop-down list shown below.
ePayment Schedule - Update the ePayment Schedule (choosing from a drop-down list) or remove the existing ePayment Schedule from the selected family records. Click Update.
Family Discount - Update the Family Discount (amount, expiration date, and discount type) or remove the existing Family Discount from the selected family records. Click Update.
Family Fixed Fee - Update the Family Fixed Fee (amount, expiration date, and Category 1) or remove the existing Family Fixed Fee from the selected family records. Click Update.
Membership Type - Update the Membership Type (choosing from a drop-down list) or remove the existing Membership Type from the selected family records. Click Update.
Clear UDF Answers - Clear the User-defined fields for the selected families. Click Clear.
Print - Open a print window to print the family information in the grid (max. 250 rows) or save it as a file for future use. The print option is only available when the check boxes remain unselected in the 1st column of the grid.
Export to Excel - Download an Excel file of all the filtered information in the grid to your computer. The export option is only available when the check boxes remain unselected in the 1st column of the grid. All families in the grid will be included (no maximum).
Family information in the All Families grid lives in the Family record. Click a Family link in the grid to open the family's individual record.