The first lesson in this Learning Series, Supervisors and Managers, is designed to get you familiar with using the Executive Dashboard as a manager. You may wish to review the articles in the Jackrabbit Basics category if you are just getting started with Jackrabbit.
The Weekly Calendar button on the Executive Dashboard opens a calendar view of your classes by week. This is your class command center and allows you to manage almost all areas of your classes from one screen!
You'll also have access to the Weekly Calendar using the Calendar link above the blue menu bar on every other screen in your database.
Note: The Weekly Calendar is for internal use only, it is not available to your families.
Watch a (2:09) video tutorial on Class Calendars
The Weekly Calendar opens in a new window and displays a week long calendar of classes. While the Weekly Calendar is most easily accessed from the Executive Dashboard, you can also navigate to this calendar from the Class menu > Search report and also from the Class menu > Weekly/Daily Calendar. Other calendar/schedule views, such as a monthly or by room, are also available. These are discussed in more detail in our Help article Class Calendars and Schedules.
The Weekly Calendar and other calendar options (daily, monthly, and room) only include your class offerings. At this time your Events are NOT included. They are maintained on the Event Calendar Views.
Weekly Calendar Features
- Calendar display settings / Criteria allow you to customize your calendar view.
When first opened your Weekly Calendar will bring up the current week's schedule with no criteria selected (no filters applied, all classes showing). Use the Prev and Next buttons, or the date field, to change the week you are viewing.
The currently selected criteria is displayed. Use the Change Criteria button to edit those selections.
Use the Add Class button to quickly add a class on the fly! You can also add a class into a specific time slot. See feature #4.
Click the Settings button to change the time range that your calendar displays. Set this to your facility's opening and closing time.
Select Show Students to add the enrolled students' names to the class information that displays when you rest your mouse pointer over the class on the calendar (hover without clicking). See feature #5 for more information on that class information window.
The Show Full Classes checkbox defaults to checked to display full classes as well as classes with openings. Clear the check box to hide classes that are full which makes it easier to find a class with an opening to enroll a student in.
- Click the link for any date to look at the daily view. The display criteria you have selected will also be applied to that daily view. For more information on the daily view see our Help article Class Calendars and Schedules.
- See summary information for each class on the calendar at a glance. Click the link for quick access to the class record. Note: The class record opens in the main Jackrabbit window and may be hidden behind the Weekly Calendar window; drag the Weekly Calendar window until you can see the main window.
Number of openings (#)
Number of future drops #FD
Number of future enrolls #FE
Number of absences for that day (#a)
Number of makeups for that day (#m)
- Accurate enrollment counts are displayed in real time! A full class (0) that has a future drop scheduled for the following week will accurately reflect that opening (1) when you advance the Weekly Calendar to that date.
- Double click into any open time slot to add a class. The Add Class window will open with the start date and time for the slot that you clicked into pre-selected; these values can be edited. You can also use the Add Class button in the critiera / settings section which will open the Add Class window with no pre-selections made.
- Hold your mouse pointer over a class (hover) to open a window with a window with a summary of class information including openings, future drops and enrolls, absences, makeups, and more. To include the names of all enrolled students click the Show Students check box in the criteria/settings area.
Click the link for any of Future Drops, Future Enrolls, Absences, or Makeups to open a window with more detail including student names. Click the Enroll button to enroll an existing student into the class or click the Register button to open the Quick Registration Form to add a new family and enroll a student in the class. If the class is full you will see CLASS FULL and a Waitlist button, click to add a student to the class waitlist. Once the waitlist is also full the button will drop off and you will only see CLASS FULL.
- When the Show Students check box (in the criteria/settings section) is not checked private lessons (max size = 1) will display with the enrolled student's name. If Show Students is checked the calendar will display the class name and openings information (0) and the enrolled student's name will appear in the class information window that displays when you hover over the class.
- Classes can display color coded by Category 1 if you have assigned colors to your Category 1 drop-down values in the Drop-Down List Editor (Tools menu). When darker colors are chosen the text display will change to white.
This makes it very easy to distinguish between the different types of classes you offer!
The Alerts section of the Executive Dashboard offers quick links to important reports.
Wait Lists for Classes with Openings
This alert detail is pulled from Classes > Wait List w/Openings. This alert does take future enrolls into account by showing the future enroll count and "adjusted" openings counts if your organization allows future enrollments. If the "adjusted" opening count is less than 1, it will appear yellow.
Incomplete Time Entries
This alert detail pulls from Clock > Incomplete Time Entries.
2-3 Absences in last 14 days / 4+ Absences in last 30 days
If your organization tracks Absences, this alert detail pulls from Reports > Absences / Makeups.
If your organization tracks Attendance, this alert detail is pulled from Reports > Attendance.
The students must have 2-3 (or 4+) absences in the same class for them to be included in the Dashboard alert. However, when the alert links are clicked the resulting report will include ALL of the student's absences in the 14 or 30 day period. Example: If a student is absent once in Jazz within the last 14 days they will not appear on the Dashboard alert. If that student had also been absent from Tap twice in that time period they would show on the Dashboard and when the link was clicked to go to the report all 3 of the student's absences would be shown.
If tracking attendance, keep in mind that this information is more of an attrition / retention value. The alert attempts to show the number of active students who have not attended in the last X days.
Classes Past End Date To Archive
This alert displays the number of classes that have passed their end date as a reminder to archive them. (Note: This alert does not include classes with no end date or classes with the current date as their end date.) Jackrabbit recommends you archive classes (instead of deleting them). To learn more about archiving see our Help article Archive Classes.
Alert detail is pulled from Reports > Enroll History Report.
Birthdays (Active) next X days / Birthdays (Not Active) next X days
The number of days (X) in this report detail can be customized by updating the Dashboard setting. Dashboard settings may be changed by clicking the Settings link in the Aged Accounts or Key Metrics areas or by scrolling to the bottom of the Executive Dashboard and clicking Edit Dashboard Settings. Be sure to Save the change and click the Refresh Dashboard button.
Items at or below Re-Order Alert Qty
Pulled from Store > Reports > Report Type: Re-Order Alert Qty.
Classes with Incomplete Staff Portal Attendance (yesterday)
This alert is regarding the previous day's classes (yesterday). With this you can address any attendance that was not completed by the instructor in the Staff Portal while it is still fresh in their minds! Click the link to go to the Incomplete Portal Attendance report for the previous day. For more information see our section of Help articles Attendance in the Staff Portal.
The Scheduled Emails alert on the Executive Dashboard keeps you notified of pending scheduled emails and provides a link to the Scheduled Emails report where you can preview, edit, or cancel emails that have been scheduled to send later. For more details see our Help article Schedule an Email - Send Later.
The Revenue Summary detail is pulled from Reports > Revenue Summary and provides a snapshot of monthly revenue this year vs. last year. Click the 12-month trailing revenue - Bar Chart link to view a bar chart of revenue for the last 12 months. Click the Current vs. Prior 2 Years Revenue link to view a bar chart reflecting the the current year and past 2 year revenue.
The Tasks section of the Executive Dashboard may be used to assign Tasks to any staff member who has a Jackrabbit User ID. Tasks may be assigned to specific users or to all users.
Only the tasks assigned to the User currently logged into the database will display.
Click the Add link to add a task. After they have been added, assign tasks in the pop-up window.
Enter the name of the Task. Check Assign to All Users? to quickly assign a task to all Jackrabbit User IDs or select a specific user by highlighting the User ID. Add Notes and a Due Date if needed. Be sure to click the Save button.
Note: Number of characters in the Notes section is limited to 4000.
Click the links in the Tasks window to view Completed tasks, tasks Assigned to Others, etc.
The Aged Accounts section of the Executive Dashboard provides a breakdown of all of the unpaid fees owed to you by your families divided into time buckets for 0-30, 31-60, 61-90 and >90 days. Fees begin to age from their transaction date.
Use this information to assist you with your Accounts Receivable collection efforts. See Aged Accounts Summary Report more information.
- The totals in the aging columns represent the total of unpaid fees on a family's account. This may or may not be the actual balance owing on the family's account depending on whether or not they have any unapplied credits. The sum of all unpaid fees on an account less any unapplied credits will equal the family balance.
- The Total column is the sum of all of the aging columns.
- The Balance (incl. Credits) column is the sum of all of your family account balances and includes fees with a date in the future AND unapplied credits.
It is important to note that improper linking of fees and payments will affect these aging totals. If a fee has been paid but a payment has not been linked to it, it will be included in the Aged Account totals because Jackrabbit still sees the fee as unpaid. See Fee Linking Explained for more information.
To give a quick visual of the overall 'health' of your accounts, customize the time bucket columns to color code them (green, yellow, red) by clicking the Settings link. Note: The 0 - 30 column is not able to be color coded as these amounts are considered current.
- 31-60 days column - If the sum of all aged fees in this group is $10,000 or less the box will be shaded green. If that total is between $10,000 - $15,000 the column will change to yellow. When the total of all aged fees in this group exceeds $15,000 the column will be shaded red.
- 61-90 days column - If the sum of all aged fees in this group is $2,000 or less the box will be shaded green. If that total is between $2,000 - $4,000 the column will change to yellow. When the total of all aged fees in this group exceeds $4,000 the column will be shaded red.
- >90 days column - If the sum of all aged fees in this group is $0 the box will be shaded green. If that total is between $0 - $500 the column will change to yellow. When the total of all aged fees in this group exceeds $500 the column will be shaded red.
The Key Metrics section of the Executive Dashboard offers quick links to enrollment information.
Click on Settings to Edit Dashboard Settings. Click Save when done.
Located on the Executive Dashboard, this area can be used to keep your Jackrabbit Users advised of announcements and important information. Click the Edit link to edit the Announcements area.
Use the editor tools menu to add formatting as desired and be sure to click the Save button. Click the Refresh Dashboard button to see your changes.
Dashboard Announcements can also be edited from the Tools menu > Edit Settings select Dashboard Announcements. Click the Edit Announcements button to open the editor to format your announcement.
The Enhancements section of the Executive Dashboard lists Jackrabbit's most recent enhancements by Release Date. Enhancements can also be viewed by going to Tools > Recent Enhancements.
When you have worked through all of the articles outlined in the lesson plan, select the Take the Quiz button to be taken to the Lesson #1 Quiz where you can test your understanding of the concepts in this lesson. You will be asked to enter an email address for quiz results to be sent. The quiz includes Review questions.
Quiz #1 - Understanding the Executive Dashboard
|Number of Questions||Total Possible Points||Points Needed for an "A"||Points Needed for a "B"||Points Needed|
for a "C"