Are you a hands-on learner? Want to practice what you've just learned? Great!
Go to https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/jr3.0/Login and log in with the credentials below for your Jackrabbit edition. Go through some or all of the practice scenarios below as they apply to you.
Below are scenarios/questions which you may use to practice. If a scenario/question does not apply to you, you may skip it, of course! Your supervisor may have additional tasks for you. Feel free to use our practice database as much as you like.
The Practice Database is refreshed each day at approximately 5:00 am Eastern Standard Time. Anything you enter will be erased at that time.
Determine the family/student information your organization requires for each family.
Use fake names, addresses, etc. as any information you add could be viewed by others outside of your organization.
Add a family with a fake name and address. You can either:
- Go to Families > Quick Registration/Add Family.
- Go to Tools > Online Web Registration > Settings and clicking on the Preview Registration Form button to open the Web Registration Form. Your organization may prefer adding families via the Online Web Registration Form even if the family is physically at your facility as the Web Registration Form requires the family to sign your legalese/agreements.
The Hesseur family Registration Date is 11/05/2018.
- Locate the Hesseur family page using the Global Search field at the top of your screen or by going to Families on the menu bar and selecting either List All Families or List Active Families.
- Open the Hesseur family page and find the Registration Date field on the Summary tab.
To enroll Tracy Yarbourough (a student) in a class, you can either:
- Open a class by going to Classes on the menu bar and selecting List Active Classes.
- Select a class.
- Select the Enroll Student button (only visible when there are openings in the class).
- Search for the student and then click the Enroll link (Enroll is underlined) in the row for the student.
- Search for the student page for Tracy Yarbourough by either entering her last name (or the first few characters) in the "find a family..." Global Search field or by going to Students > List Active Students.
- Locate and select Tracy Yarbourough link in the Student column.
- On the Student page for Tracy Yarbourough, select the Enroll button.
- Select the Enroll link for a class.
- Change the Enroll Date if needed and click the Enroll Now button.
- Click on the Weekly Calendar button from the Executive Dashboard or select Weekly / Daily Calendar from the Classes menu.
- Use the Search Criteria to narrow down results as needed.
- Select the calendar view of your choice - Weekly Calendar, Day View, or Room View.
- Hover your cursor over any class to see class details and select to Enroll Existing Students or Register New Students.
- To post a fee to an individual family such as as Registration Fee, open the Family page.
- Select the Make Sale/Post Fees button.
- In the Post Fees section, select Registration (Debit) in the Type field and then select a Category1.
- Enter an amount in the Orig Amount field and complete the remaining fields if appropriate (Discount, Session, Student, Class/Event, Note).
- Select either the Save Fee or the Save Fee & Pay Now button.
- Open a Family page and select the Payment button.
- Enter a Trans Date (payment date) if different than today, a Method, a check number if appropriate, and the amount in the Payment field if different than the Current Balance.
- Complete the remaining fields if appropriate (Subtype, Note, Chk#).
- Select the Save Payment button (or Save & Make Another Payment) since this is a "Cash, Check, Other Credits" Payment and not an ePayment.
This question may be answered several ways. The first method is the most direct since the question is in regards to a specific family.
Turman Family Record
- You may search for the family page for the Turman family by either using "find a family..." Global Search field or by going to Families > List Active Families (or List All Families).
- Locate and select the Turman link in the Family column.
- Select the Transactions tab on the Turman family page.
- Locate the fee transaction with Registration in the Type field (white row). The fee has been paid if the Date Paid column has a date instead of being blank and highlighted in pink.
Transactions > Search
- You may also use Transactions > Search. Change the Transaction Date from field (to 01/01/19 since Registration Fees were posted on 01/02/19).
- Change the Type field to Registration (Debit).
- Select the magnifying glass next to the Select Family/Acct field; enter a partial or full name and click Search.
- Select Turman row.
- Click the Submit button on the Search Transactions screen. The fee has been paid if the Date Paid column has a date instead of being blank and highlighted in pink.
Fee Summary Report
- Go to Reports > Transactions/Financials and select Fee Summary Report
- Blank (delete) the dates in the Date Paid from and through fields.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the Select Family/Acct field; enter a partial or full name and click search.
- Select Turman row.
- Click the Submit button. If there is a Registration Fee listed in the Cat1 column, a fee has been posted. If the Unpaid Amt for the Registration Fee row is $0.00, then the fee has been paid. Otherwise, it has not.
- Search for the family page for the Casey family. You can either:
- Enter the family name (or the first few characters) in the "find a family..." Global Search field. If the family doesn't immediately open, locate and select the Casey link (in the Last Name column) in the row with Family in the Type column.
- Go to Families > List Active Families (or List All Families). Then locate and select the Casey link in the Family column.
- On the Casey family page, select the link for Deidra Casey in the Primary Contacts section to open the Contact page.
- Check the Login ID field in the Portal Information section. If it is blank, which it is for Deidra Casey, look for the email address in the Email, Phone Numbers, & Address section (above Portal Information section). Her login information for the Parent Portal is email@example.com.
Most often you will send a Weather Closing email to all your active families.
- Go to Families on the menu bar and select Email/Text Families.
- Select the Weather Closing template (#113) in the Template field or create your own email from scratch by entering text in the Subject line field and in the Message field. If you are using the template, customize it with your facility name or logo and the day(s) you will closed/expect to reopen.
- Add additional criteria if needed (such as Family Location).
- Click the Preview List button at the bottom.
- Select Send Now after reviewing the Recipients List and the message in the Results section.