There are two groups of settings you can customize that affect your staff's use of the Staff Portal.
- Settings that are applied to your database as a whole and affect ALL staff (see Step 1: Staff Portal Settings).
- Settings that are applied to INDIVIDUAL staff on the Portal Settings tab of their Staff record. This step applies to these individual settings:
Step 4 of the Staff Portal Setup deals with the individual staff settings and gives you the option to set up or edit these settings for your staff in mass (as opposed to going to each Staff record > Portal Settings tab individually).
- Select the box(es) next to the staff name(s) whose Staff Portal Settings you want to set up or edit. Click the Check All button if the changes will apply to all staff listed. Use the Uncheck All button to reset.
- Make the selections in the My Time Card Tab section for the settings that you want to change. If a setting does not need to be changed leave the drop-down as No Change. These settings are covered in detail in the Time Clock section, under The Staff Portal.
- Make the selections in the Manage Classes Tab and Attendance Page sections for the settings that you want to change.
- If a setting does not need to be changed leave the drop-down as No Change. These settings are covered in detail in the Attendance section, under Attendance Settings.
- Click SAVE and OK in the confirmation window.
- Click GO TO STEP 5: SEND PORTAL LOGIN EMAIL → to advance to the final setup step. See Staff Portal Setup Step 5 - Send Portal Login Email, or you can leave the setup and continue at a later time.
In the example below, Dianne Harris will have her Time entry method changed to Manual In/Out (from Clock In/Out - see above image) and the Manage Classes Tab will now show All Active Classes at Staff Portal Location (from Their Classes Only - see above image). All other settings will remain the same (No Change).