|Permissions control the ability of your Users to see certain data and take specific actions. Before moving forward review User Permissions for Posting Tuition Fees.|
To accommodate different workflows, Jackrabbit offers several ways to post tuition fees. One of the ways a tuition fee can be posted within Jackrabbit is using the Make Sale/Post Fees page.
The Make Sale/Post Fees page can be accessed in several ways:
When accessed from a Family record or from the row menu in All Families, the Make Sale/Post Fees page will open auto-filled with the family's address and their current balance. A link is provided to quickly access their transaction history.
When accessed from the Transactions (menu) > Post Transactions > Make Sale/Post Fees, an individual family or a store account must be selected on the page using a search field.
Post Tuition Fees with Make Sale/Post Fees
- Open the Make Sale/Post Fees page.
- The Family Details section of the Make Sale/Post Fees page is auto-filled with the family's information when accessed from the Family record or from All Families.
- If accessed from the Transactions menu, use the search field to locate the family you want to post tuition fees to.
- Change the date if needed. The Transaction Date defaults to the current date.
- Go to the Post Fees section below the Select Store Items section (used for store transactions).
- Enter the details for the tuition fees you want to post. An unlimited number of fees can be entered; additional fee lines are added automatically as you enter fees.
- The following fields are required (*): Location (if you have multiple locations in Jackrabbit), Type (Transaction), and Category 1.
- Optional fields allow you to add important details: SubType, Session, Student, Class/Event, and Note.
- Enter the Orig Amount and calculate any discounts.
- Select either option to save the fee in the Sale Summary section.
- If you click Save Fee & Pay Now, the Payment Transaction Entry window opens allowing you to process the payment.
- If you click Save Fee, you are returned to the Transactions tab in the family's record.