A Family Fixed Fee is a useful option when the family's tuition amount doesn't follow the typical criteria, when you don't have consistent pricing for groups of families, or when a family receives a flat rate for unlimited classes.
When posting tuition fees, the Fixed Fee will post as a single fee transaction regardless of class tuition fees for any enrolled students and regardless of any multi-student or multi-class discounts.
Create a Family Fixed Fee
- Go to the Family record, select the Billing Info tab.
- Enter an amount in the Family Fixed Fee field.
- Select a Category 1 for the fee.
- Assign an Exp Date (optional).
- Add a Note (optional).
- Click Save Changes.
If you want to remove a Fixed Fee, clear all information in the Fixed Fee fields and save the changes. Entering a 0 or 0.00 will post a tuition fee of $0.00.
Clear Fixed Fees
A Jackrabbit User with the User ID permission Clear Family User Defined Fields and Family/Student Fixed Fees and Discounts (in the Families category of permissions) can clear Family Fixed Fees that are currently assigned to your families. This option is found in the Tools menu.
Important to Note
- Family Discounts are not applied to Family Fixed Fees.
- Additional Discounts (at the bottom of Transactions > Post Tuition Fees ) are applied to Family Fixed Fees.
- A Fixed Fee may include tuition for classes that are in different Category 1s, however, you can only assign one Category 1 to the fee. Consider adding a Category 1 drop-down value specifically for Fixed Fee tuition revenue.
- Fixed Fees can be set to expire on a specified date. After an expiration date has passed, the Fixed Fee will be ignored when posting tuition fees.
- The Fixed Fee may need to be updated if a student adds/drops a class. You will be given the option to update the fee during the enroll/drop process.
- If you are posting tuition fees with Parent Portal enrollments, and the family has a current (not expired) Family Fixed Fee, no tuition will post. When the parent completes the portal enrollment and checks out, they are notified that no fees will be posted due to alternative fixed fee arrangements in place. Your organization will receive an email notification that there is a Fixed Fee in place for a portal enrollment that may need to be updated. Tuition fees must then be posted manually.
Use Search from the Families menu to create a list of families who have Fixed Fees by setting Has Family Fixed Fee to Yes. Create a list of families who have a Fixed Fee that has expired by setting Has Family Fixed Fee to Expired.