In some cases, you may need to delete a payment from Jackrabbit, for example, to correct an error.
It is important to note that there is no way to recover deleted payments. If a payment is deleted in error, use the Jackrabbit Helpbutton to submit a Support ticket.
You can control which Users can delete payments with User ID Permissions; a User without the correct permissions will not see the Trash Can icon in the transactions grid.
|Families||Delete Transaction||Ability to delete a single transaction on the Transaction tab. See Delete Transactions and Delete Tuition Fees under Transactions for mass deletes.|
|Transactions||Delete E-commerce Transaction||Can delete payments processed through an e-commerce gateway.|
To update permissions, see Set/Edit User ID Permissions.
- Payments must be deleted individually.
- If the payment is linked to any fee(s), deleting it will mark the related fee(s) unpaid.
If you delete an ePayment using the Trash Can icon, only the transaction will be deleted from the Family record. There is NO communication with your ePayment processor to stop the transaction. An ePayment should be voided or refunded instead. Refer to Void a Credit Card Payment or Refund a Credit Card Payment for more details.
Delete a Payment
- On the family's Transactions tab, locate the payment you'd like to delete.
- Click the Trash Can icon to the left of the payment.
- In the Delete Transaction window, optionally add a Comment/Reason. This note is visible when you search User activity located under the
Reports (menu) > Find Reports > Search User Activity.
- Select Delete.
For instructions on deleting payments due to bounced checks, see Record an NSF (Bounced Check).