In some cases, you may need to delete a payment from Jackrabbit, for example, to correct an error.
It is important to note that there is no way to recover deleted payments. If a payment is deleted in error, use the Jackrabbit Helpbutton to submit a Support ticket.
You can control which Users can delete payments with User ID Permissions; a User without the correct permissions will not see the Trash Can icon in the transactions grid.
|Families||Delete Transaction||Ability to delete a single transaction on the Transaction tab. See Delete Transactions and Delete Tuition Fees under Transactions for mass deletes.|
|Transactions||Delete E-commerce Transaction||Can delete payments processed through an e-commerce gateway.|
To update permissions, see Set/Edit User ID Permissions.
- Payments must be deleted individually.
- If the payment is linked to any fee(s), deleting it will mark the related fee(s) unpaid.
Delete a Payment
- On the family's Transactions tab, locate the payment you'd like to delete.
- Click the Trash Can icon to the left of the payment.
- In the Delete Transaction window, optionally add a Comment/Reason. This note is visible when you search User activity located under the
Reports (menu) > Find Reports > Search User Activity.
- Select Delete.
For instructions on deleting payments due to bounced checks, see Record an NSF (Bounced Check).